Accurate minutes are crucial as they keep a defined log of what has been discussed and decided in a meeting. Typically, minutes of meeting outline discussions, announcements, decisions, and tasks assigned in a meeting to keep everyone in the loop.
Importance of meeting minutes
- They act as a record of meetings to keep all attendees abreast with what has been discussed and what task has been assigned to whom.
- They help employees to identify tasks, deadlines, and keep track of all decisions that have been taken.
- They act as a review document for all attendees to measure what has been achieved and which actions are yet to be taken.
- In case of conflicts, they can help in reviewing what agreements were made.
Considering their benefits, minutes are highly essential for an organization to measure progress and analyze prospects. However, being of such great importance, keeping minutes of meetings is rarely on anyone’s list of favorite things to do.
Employees generally face problems while recording minutes, such as how to write meeting minutes or what should be included. Let’s dig deeper into these problems and learn how Akeo Meeting can help you to solve them.
How to write meeting minutes with Akeo Meeting?
It is perhaps the biggest question that comes to the mind of a minutes taker, especially when they have little or no experience. Using Akeo Meeting, you can note down minutes efficiently, saving yourself from the hassle of using notepad and registers, etc. To begin with, the first thing is to identify the agenda(s) that will drive the meeting from start to end. As the meeting continues, use the notes section to take down short and crisp notes. After that, use decisions and tasks sections accordingly to give an easy-to-read format to your minutes.
Remember not to use ‘I’ while taking notes as it is an official document.
What should be included, and what not?
Although there are thousands of templates to record minutes quickly, every template tends to provide contrasting information, leading to disparity and confusion.
Akeo Meeting is the only template you need to record minutes for every meeting. It comprises:
- Date, time, and venue of the meeting.
- List of attendees of the meeting.
- Agenda of the meeting. A meeting can have more than one agenda.
- Key points discussed during the meeting.
- Decisions taken during the meeting.
- Tasks assigned to individuals with respective deadlines.
- Any documents used in the meeting.
Whether you have a board meeting or a daily scrum, keeping minutes with Akeo Meeting is an easy way to keep all attendees on the same page always.
How to take minutes while in a meeting?
Noting down meeting minutes could be a tedious task, and might be considered as a wasteful activity. However, if minutes are crisp and concise, other employees can scan them to get the essence of the meeting. It could also be helpful for those who were not present in the meeting.
Recording minutes in Akeo Meeting is easy and quick. Akeo Meeting’s intuitive meeting minutes template divides minutes into notes, tasks, and decisions to keep things organized. It saves your time and efforts so you can be more productive in achieving your goals.
Above all, sharing and distributing minutes could be another challenge as it could take a significant chunk of your working time. Akeo Meeting saves you from emailing the minutes to every team member, so you don’t have to take any hassle.
Akeo Meeting offers lots of features to solve your recurring meeting problems – making them more productive. You can book meetings, quickly take minutes, and store them right where the meetings are booked, manage tasks, and more – all in a single app. Get in touch with us to find out more.